Pages

Musings on Bicycling and Buddhism

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Tomorrow is the day!

Goal: 2,200 miles by 9.24.10
Miles ridden to date: 1,205
Miles left to goal: 995
Days left: tomorrow is the day!

Tomorrow is the day, I've ridden as much as I can. Out of this I've become one of those impassioned (crazy?) people who ride no matter what. I've developed some discipline but the training goes on. (That's the point of training right, you're never really done?) I'm putting off the celebration until I finish this in its entirety, even if that means October or November. (This doesn't mean I'm going to lie about my age:) Less than a thousand miles to go!

Just keep pedaling....

After your first day of cycling, one dream is inevitable. A memory of motion lingers in the muscles of your legs, and round and round they seem to go. You ride through Dreamland on wonderful dream bicycles that change and grow. ~H.G. Wells, The Wheels of Chance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Tour de What You Will by Jessie Calkins is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License