Pages

Musings on Bicycling and Buddhism

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Resilient

I pushed myself to the limit each day, working and struggling so hard that, sometimes, I wanted to cry out in agony.  But I carried on with that unbending will to win day after day and created a string of solid victories.  Those hardships became the greatest assets of my life.  Mahatma Gandhi said, 'Human nature shows itself at its best in moments of trial.'  This is an ageless truth! -Daisaku Ikeda

My friend Mint posted this quote today, she is one of the people I picture when I hear the word resilient, and also brilliant... she writes this: http://ourdreamofpeace.blogspot.com

and also has a lot to do with this:  http://ournewclearfuture.tumblr.com/

This exhibit was at MIT last spring (I'm overjoyed to have been able to participate!) and is coming to Harvard this fall, in November- stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Tour de What You Will by Jessie Calkins is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License